I am Derek Troy-West, I specialize in building highly available distributed systems.
After more than a decade in London, U.K. I am now based in Melbourne, Australia with my young family and old greyhound. My experience spans telecommuncations, life assurance, funds management, international retail, and investment banking.
I’m a practitioner of a range of languages, Java being the bedrock of my experience and the JVM my natural home, more recently I’ve become an enthusiastic proponent of Clojure.
I have made contributions in varying amounts to the following Open Source projects:
- netty/netty Java event-driven asynchronous network application framework
- mpenet/alia Clojure high performance Cassandra client
- yieldbot/marceline Clojure DSL for Storm/Trident
- smx-ltd/ccm-clj Clojure interface to Cassandra Cluster Manager
- wurstmeister/storm-kafka Java Storm/Kafka integration, merged into Apache Storm
- jsevellec/cassandra-unit Clojure cassandra testing utility
My first experience writing code was on a ZX Spectrum 48k, I still think of Chuckie Egg occasionally.Share